Monday, July 11, 2011

Breakfast in Bed



This will be a short post. I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Kusadasi. The day started beautifully with breakfast in bed which was followed by a slow morning on the ship... a little break from the tourist wars. This was one of the few days on our cruise that is spent partly at sea. The afternoon was spent in Texas-style heat at the ruins of Ephesus. They were spectacular and I'm glad I saw them, but boy was it hot and crowded! I could say something here about our Cruise Director and his aspirations to be like Paul, but the subject is too complex. There were five ships in port, the largest of which was the Ruby Princess with probably over 2000 passengers (ours holds under 700). After I got back to the ship, we hired a bicycle taxi to take Dwight out into the bazaar. Shopping is not his thing, but he was glad to get off the ship for awhile. Now I've returned to the port internet cafe to try to download my emails since we had to purchase internet time on the ship at a huge premium. But, of course, I forgot that we're still in Turkey and Brainstorm blocks all traffic from Turkey as spam. So here I am with egg on my face and a beer in my hand. Beer makes all things right. It has served humans for millenia. Here's to beer!

Tomorrow, Delos in the morning and Mykonos in the afternoon. May Apollo be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment