Thursday, November 7, 2019

Waiting

Don't travel (especially when Mercury is retrograde) unless you're prepared to wait.  Here I am in the United Club at SFO airport waiting for a flight to Kona Hawaii.  It's only delayed by 45 minutes, but I'm on my second Chardonnay and hunkering down to endure whatever happens.  Incredibly enough, it's just what I need...a little true down time.  Nowhere to be; no one I need to talk to; no chores to be done.  A true vacation in an airport lounge. 

As waits go, airport lounges are much better than the hustle and bustle of the general vibe in the airport terminal.  I actually deserted my group to land here in the lounge because I had a pass that would expire in 7 days, and am feeling a bit guilty for deserting them and enjoying the "free" wine and eats while my friends pay good money to eat the drab airport fare.  I'm travelling with a group of 3 friends to Hawaii to celebrate another friend's birthday.  We're a group of "old" friends who were originally brought together by our Hawaiian buddy, so it's a reunion of sorts.  There are so many reasons to travel and get away from the usual, and travelling just to get away is a good reason.  I think I'll go get another Chardonnay. 

Where do you want to go next?  And why?  For whatever reason, get on the road.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment