Monday, January 20, 2014

The Worst is Over

I was writing this post in my head for many hours while stuffed on an airplane, breathing stale air and feeling fanny fatigue.  Since then, however, I've snuggled into a warm bed in the Sheraton Hotel in Hong Kong and thought about what a miracle it is that only a few hours ago I was snuggled in a bed in Durango, Colorado, so I'll try not to grouse too much about the way the bottom-dwelling, scum-sucking airlines treat their passengers.  Our flight from DFW was delaying by mechanical problems long enough to make us miss our connection in Tokyo resulting in AA having to put us up in a hotel at Narita and rebooking us to Hong Kong the next day.  That was probably a fortuitous situation; I don't think I could've climbed into another airplane for a 5 hour flight after arriving in Tokyo.  As it happened, we had a restful night in Tokyo and a not-so-bad flight to Hong Kong on Monday.

I've never had Japan on my bucket list, but I enjoyed the one night we had there.  I like the Japanese aesthetic...spare and orderly.  The people were incredibly polite; supervisors helped out to clear crowds when they piled up; smiles reigned.  I'd like to go back, but for now, it's on to the South China Sea.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys are well on your way. I'll get Bernardine to follow your odyssey as well. Please tell Terry that I hope my advice works for him. He'll tell you what it was. I've never slept better!

    ReplyDelete