Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year -- Another Adventure Awaits


What a great confluence -- the New Year, the new moon, and an empty suitcase all waiting to be filled.  The great thing about travel is the anticipation.  In a little over two weeks we leave for a voyage on the Azamara Journey.  After departing from Hong Kong  we'll call at Hanoi, Danang, and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; at Bangkok and Ko Samui, Thailand; make a side trip to Siem Rep, Cambodia; and finally arrive in Singapore.  This trip was never on my bucket list, but now I'm really excited about it.  I'm starting to pour over guide books and mark what I want to see.  Mainly, at the moment, I'm worried about filling up this big bag.  Through many years of travel, I've never learned the skill of packing light.  A friend just told me she manages to pack light because she holds the thought in mind that she can always buy what she needs along the way.  Great solution!  I'm going to hold that thought as I start making my lists and filling this space.   I'm so ready for a new destination. What new sights will we see, new experiences will we have?  I can't stand the wait...let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment