Friday, May 10, 2013

Lost in NYC

Hip Hop in the Times Square Station
 
New York-- the best place to lose yourself without getting lost.  There are so many cabs, subway stations, bus stops, and friendly people willing to give you directions, you're never in danger of getting REALLY lost, but you can get lost enough to relax your mind...sometimes that's almost as good as being in "nature."  Marilyn was not feeling well this morning and Lou wanted to see the museums, so I opted to strike out on my own for a NYC adventure.  I started by getting on a subway and ended up on a train going the wrong direction, so I got off, ran up to the bridge, ran down on the other side and rushed into a train going the other direction, only to find out it was an express going to Brooklyn Prospect Park and didn't stop anywhere I was going, so I got out at the Times Square Station.  That was the highlight of my day!  Buskers galore, every kind of humanity, grimy artwork on the tiled walls, what more could you want?  For me, at least, it beat a stuffy old museum stuck in the past. 

My stated goal had been the World Trade Center; I reached my goal and circled it on foot (looking for a Subway station) before the afternoon was over, but the lines to see the memorial were too much to even think of coping with.  I was happy with the NY crowds and the walk.  Lunch was at Zutto's (Italian?) Japanese American Pub.  Ain't it great?  A polyglot!  Love it!  Check it out....


Hudson Street Market



Sushi Chef at Zutto's Japanese American Pub


New York Color


e
South End View of Our Lady of Liberty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment