Wednesday, December 5, 2012

All Aboard

This is the 4th time I've written this blog post; the first two times were wiped out by an on-again, off-again internet connection on the ship.  I'm getting sort of tired of telling the story of our embarkation, but all you loyal readers deserve to know all the exciting details, so here goes again!

We flew from Albuquerque to Fort Lauderdale...uneventful, but reasonably comfortable since the airplanes were only half full (American driving clients away with less than reliable scheduling?).  I didn't get dinged by TSA--for once I kept my mouth shut although they would not have like what I was thinking.  The enlightened TSA officers, who probably did not graduate from high school, patted down my right arm after I had gone through the full boy scan.  Did they think I was trying to hide my chicken neck arms?

The Holland America rep met us in the baggage area and whisked us to the port only 15 minutes away.  The ship is beautiful and BIG, definitely the outer limit of my tolerance for people and distance.  We have a spa cabin on Deck 10 which basically means we're close to the spa.  The other amenities are hardly worth mentioning.

A very thoughtful client had sent us a Bon Voyage bottle of wine so, after checking in with Avoya, we uncorked the wine and enjoyed the view of Fort Lauderdale from our balcony as we sailed out of port.  Life is sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment