Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Storms in the Caribbean

Our first day aboard was scheduled as a sea day so, of course, Avoya filled it up with conferences and workshops.  The best laid plans, however...  I made it through the morning General Session, the first round of workshops, and lunch.  Heavy seas got the better of me in the afternoon.  I went to bed, got up and donned formal attire for the Champagne toast, and returned to bed before dinner.  I wasn't really sick, just too drowsy to participate in anything.  Usually, I'm a pretty good sailor, but I never had time to get my sea legs.  In the evening, it was announced that heavy storms would prevent us from landing in Grand Turk.  We were to spend the next day at sea--oh, my aching head.  As a consolation, we were told we would dock in San Juan at 9:00 a.m. rather than the previously scheduled 1:00 p.m.  Whooppee, a whole day in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  Got to go with the flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment