Thursday, October 20, 2016

Goodbye Amsterdam


Windmills in Holland!
The last morning in Amsterdam we decided to leave the city behind and tour the Dutch countryside.  For all my travels, I have to admit to being a lousy tourist.  I guess I just don't like to be managed.  Anyway, we climbed aboard a double-decker bus and were hauled around to visit a tourist village with windmills and six souvenir shops, a "quaint" fishing village with a restaurant that had the freshest fish I have ever eaten and many more souvenir shops, and finally an even quainter fishing village without souvenir shops which we just walked through to get to the bus.  Enough said.  The moment had finally come to board our floating home.

We assembled at the meeting place in the Movenpick Hotel where we met our Cruise Director Eric, and were transported to what would be our home for the next two weeks, the Avalon Impression.  What a magnificent boat/ship/vessel (you choose).  I'm ready for someone to take care of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment