Friday, April 13, 2012

Automobile, Planes, Bus and Ship


Does anybody have fun travelling?  Not me.  Airplanes are uncomfortable, airports are dreary, and security checkpoints are annoying.  Your best defense is to buy a dime novel and stick your nose in it until you reach your destination.  Mary Higgins Clark provided me with enough diversion to get through it all. We arrived in Civitavecchia to board the Marina just as the book reached its denouement, although I’m not sure I can stay awake long enough to completely untie the knot.     That doesn’t matter; I’ve already figured it out.  We’ve unpacked in our deluxe, ocean view stateroom (Dwight lied about the suite) enjoyed a nice dinner in the Main Dining Room, and are climbing into bed at the reasonable hour of 10:30 p.m.  Tomorrow, we’ll have plenty of time to explore our new surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment