Friday, April 27, 2012

Doing Dubrovnik Again

Old Town Dubrovnik from the City Walls

Up early this morning for my 9:30 lecture.  There was a good crowd and it was well received.  I’m feeling a little better about this whole project.  The new cruisers are a lot loser and less formal crowd.  It’s funny how a group of unrelated people can have a vibe.  There’s a group of over 100 cruisers who come from the same retirement community in Central Florida.  They have a travel club.  It’s a good group…reminds me somewhat of Seniors Outdoors with less of an outdoorsy agenda.   So my speaing schedule worked out well; now I’ve got a couple of days off.  My next lecture is two days away at 8:30 in the morning.  I might as well enjoy a break.  

We docked in Dubrovnik at noon.  Dwight wasn’t interested in wandering into the Old Town again which is a fairly long shuttle ride away from the dock.   I decided to take another jaunt into town partly because we need some toiletries and I was hoping to find them.  Just inside the gate to the Old Town was the entrance to the Wall Walk.  I decided to give it a try, bought a ticket and climbed the stairs.  It’s an interesting tour, but really wore me out with the ups and downs of stone steps.  My old joints are feeling the humidity.  I’m looking forward to the new ankle, but now it’s my knee that’s bothering.  I guess I’m getting old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment