Monday, July 4, 2011

The First Stop




It was a long, but pleasant drive from Durango, the only problem being smoke from the Los Alamos fire. I haven't yet attained wisdom, but we did find a warm welcome from Steph, Paul, Zac and Ben at their home in Superior. It was a perfect Colorado evening on the deck, then I lay awake late trying to remember what I might have forgotten. I'll be glad when the long plane ride is over; dread about the uncomfortable plane journey is probably worse than the actual experience. Departure is at 6:00 p.m., so there's lots of time to get anxious. I took the corkscrew out of my backpack so TSA won't have an excuse to harrass this old lady. Now I just have to remember to keep my mouth shut--the hard part. Who put these clowns in charge anyway? I would say something here about terrorists lurking behind every wrinkled face, but that would probably cause me to be placed on some sort of Watchlist and I've already had enough bad experiences at border crossings. So I'm resigned: keep my mouth shut, follow all the rules,, and be polite. Next stop Istanbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment