Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Day Off



Truth in advertising: This is a post about yesterday, and I'm having trouble remembering yesterday. In fact, after 4 (yes, four, it WAS happy hour) champagne cocktails, I'm a little fuzzy on today.
Yesterday was for me a planned day off. It was a beautiful anchoring at Monemvasia, a site similiar to Mont St. Michel in France. But the main site of interest was a small village from the Middle Ages which required quite a bit of effort to see because it was at the end of a large stone peninsula...not my field, not my interest, I could take a day off. I booked a stone massage at the Canyon Ranch Spa at 10:00 a.m. (Note to self: plan a ladies trip to Canyon Ranch in Tucson.). Anna, my Indonesian massage therapist, didn't have much English, but she could handle those stones. In the afternoon, Dwight and I took the tender into the small port to spend a couple of hours on the quay with a beer. We saw a gigantic sea turtle. Back on the ship, the four of us had reservations for dinner in the speciality restaurant, the Polo Grill. Someone had to try the "surf and turf," so I volunteered. After that kind of day, bed is all that can follow. It will be awhile before thought can catch up with experience, but I'm trying. Tomorrow I'll try to report on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment